Tuesday, August 25, 2009

WFTM 1

Today I learned about how everything is a story, that all stories have a message and that those messages are asking me to change. Again I found myself falling victim to this vicious cycle of advertising, the only difference is that this time I was a little more aware that it was happening. I was sitting at my desk in studio looking over the various pictures on my wall and the items laying about. One thing that caught my eye was the designer toy that I brought to decorate my new home away from home. Instantly the toy spoke very loudly to me saying, "I need to go visit my friend Patrick at Poptopia in west port and further support his new business venture." Me being the consumer whore that I am, I went and I bought. Not only am I addicted to collecting these little toys but on another, deeper level I feel that my purchases directly support Patrick's business. Boy is he lucky he has me on his side.

Also today I was talking to my girlfriend and found that I could often catch myself saying things to make her happy or make her laugh. I then proceeded to think that if I just flat out told her my intentions, I would probably not receive the response that I wanted. This story conversation thing is going to be an interesting subject and I cannot wait to find out more.

No comments:

Search This Blog