Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So I Guess I Can Read...


I've been doing a lot of reading this winter break. I've read "Setting Up Your Shots" by Jeremy Vineyard, "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams and for pleasure "Ender In Exile" by Orson Scott Card. Right now I'm in the middle of "Timing For Animation" by Harold Whitaker and John Halas, "Juxtapoz Illustration" and "The Animation Bible" by Maureen Furniss. The Animation Bible is by far the best animation book I've read so far. It explores areas that were untouched by most traditional animation tomes such as Kit Laybourne's "The Animation Book" and even Richard Williams' "Animators Survival Kit. "The Animation Bible" is a wonderful resource that not only explains each animation technique, but also who uses the technique and how they do it. There is a history that is married with the subjects written about in this book and I cannot wait to finish reading it. For those of you out there who are pursuing or hope to pursue a career in animation, at any level, should pick up this book.

No comments:

Search This Blog